By Denis Nsubuga
The second season of the popular talent show, ‘Miss ne Mr Bukedde’ has been launched to discover talented individuals across the country.
In the talent search competition, fans, listeners and viewers showcase different talents, including music, dance, drama and comedy. This comes after the exciting first season which run last year.
Guests converged at Vision Group head offices to ceremonially mark the start of the competition.
Throughout the next four months, interested contestants will send videos showcasing their talents, on WhatsApp number: 0776877528.
Judges will review the videos to select top 60 contestants who will be invited for physical auditions. From the 60, 18 contestants will be selected and taken to a boot camp, where they will be coached and helped to enhance their respective talents.
At the semi-finals, 18 will be cut to 10 contestants, who will appear for the finals. The winning Miss and Mr Bukedde will each walk home with 10m and a land title. The first runners-up in both categories (Miss and MR) will get sh5m each.
The videos will air on Bukedde TV every Sunday on 8-9pm. The one-hour show will also invite audience to vote and determine the winners of the contest.
This Sunday will recap activities of Season One, where Ashraf Lule, 25, a resident of Kanyanya and Elizabeth Ndagire, 23, of Kamwokya. Each won a brand new car. The show will also profile their lives after winning the contest.
Vision Group’s deputy managing director, Gervase Ndyanabo said this edition will be better than season one, in terms of content packaging and coverage.
“You saw the excitement and the participation of the public in season one. The contest is also part of the Bukedde relationship has with its readers, viewers and listeners,” he said.
He added that the show is aimed at improving talents, noting “when you have a talent or potential, it is participating in activities such as this that help you to develop your talent.”
He thanked the show’s sponsors for adding the colour and excitement in the contest. Njovu Estates submitted land titles that will be given out at the grand finale.
Bukedde TV station manager, Richard Kayiira said the hybrid show will largely be virtual, because of emergence of Ebola and the COVID-19 diseases, noting that the 60 contestants in the physical parts of the show will be manageable.
Kayiira explained that they opted to award cash because the current economic situation calls for financial support towards start-ups and talent development
“These talented people also need money to develop their talents. So we think this cash will be helpful,” he said.
Gerald Batte, the director of Njovu Estates, said promotion of talents is key in curbing unemployment, highlighting that besides winning, the show gives young people an opportunity to showcase their potential to the wide audience.
Batte expressed belief in Vision Group’s wide coverage to ensure talent is sourced from across the country, and help change lives of the participants.